A Construction Site Supervisor leads and supervises Weekes staff and subcontractors under the direction of the Director of Construction and the Project Manager. They plan, schedule, and execute construction tasks in accordance with the construction schedule and budget, specifically related to ensuring subcontractors arrive on site as scheduled and conduct their work as specified and as scheduled.
Individuals with a background in construction or who have proven hands-on skills and an eye for detail, travelling the country setting up new stores and renovating older ones.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel, as needed. Must be hard working, willing to be hands on and experienced. Must be legally able to work in Canada immediately. Work will often be overnight.
- Plan, organize, direct and control daily operations on work site
- Monitor progress & provide reports to Director of Construction/Project Manager
- Establish & implement policies & procedures for quality control
- Oversee analysis of data & information
- Direct the purchase of building materials where required
- Perform physical work where required
- Effectively direct sub-contractors
- Liaise with Clients as required
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Must have 3-5 years minimum of supervisory experience
- Must be able to effectively supervise a construction project from start to finish
- Must be able to manage tight deadlines
- Candidate must be professional and well-spoken
- Experience in general carpentry, finish carpentry, proficient with tools
- Effectively read & interpret construction drawings
- Administrative knowledge an asset
- Valid G driver’s license and have own transportation
- Willing to travel nationwide
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- Construction Site Supervisor experience: 3 years
- Salary Permanent Full Time Position
- Benefits & Life Insurance Available
- Travel Expenses Covered
If this positions interests you, please apply today by sending us your resume and cover letter. Only selected candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest in working with us at Weekes General Contracting.
Note – No phone calls please only resumes through email or fax will be accepted.
Apply Today: Email email@example.com or fax: (905) 831-8433